About me

Ducatti Monster 620e

My favourite ride

My name is Kevin Chan and I have been teaching since 2001 where I completed my CertTESOL in Hong Kong. In 2003 I spent 3 years as an assistant language teacher on the JET Programme in Kurayoshi, Tottori in Japan. I started my British Council career in 2006 back in Hong Kong then took a break from teaching.

I spent about 3 years working on the BBC iPlayer in Shepherd’s Bush, London and then returned to teaching in 2013 in Seoul, South Korea with the British Council. I completed my Diploma in English Language Teaching to Adults (DELTA) in 2015 then moved to Hanoi, Vietnam (also with the British Council) in 2016.

During my time in Vietnam, I completed my Teaching Young Learners Extension Certificate (TYLEC) and completed the tutor training for TYLEC and DipTESOL. I also completed a NILE course on Teaching English in Pre-Primary Education (TEPPE).

My primary interest in teaching, at the moment, is the implementation of technology in education and how it can bring about disruption in traditional models of teaching and relationships between stakeholders.

One comment