Week 6: Embedded Programming

For this week, our task was to program the chip we had milled. For me though, this wasn’t complete yet so I decided to do a simulation website used TinkerCAD. To understand how to use the websites simulation, I went through a small tutorial to understand how to make the circuits and connections I desired to make. Once I had finished the websites tutorial, I started to get on with making my own arduino simulation. To accomplish this, I inserted an arduino uno followed by an LED (red) and a 220 ohm resistor. I then placed the LED above pins GND and 13 of the arduino with the resistor placed next to the LED. Then using the route tool, I connected the cathode leg of the LED to the GND pin and anode connected to the resistor, connected to pin 13.

Once I had placed the LED and the resistor into the correct pins, I then made a start of my code. Using the BLINK code supplied to us, I inserted this code into the simulation making sure its correct and by clicking ‘simulation’, the simulation would start working along with the BLINK code.

This codes instructions are for pin 13 to go HIGH and then wait 1000 milliseconds before moving on to the next line of code which is for pin 13 to go LOW and then wait another 1000 milliseconds and the VOID LOOP ensures that the code repeats itself over and over again.