TEASER VIDEO – DANCE PIECE

My idea for the teaser video is based around dance as this is one of TENS strengths and what many know him for, he has past training in contemporary, hip hop and gymnastics.

All k-pop groups have dance incorporated into their videos and stages and with Tens background it made sense to create a conceptual dance piece as the visual to go along side my business pack.

This idea came to mind after i watched the new video for BTS Black swan as the group wasn’t in the music video them selves but still promoted their message. It is apart fo their connect BTS project and spreading art across the world in all different forms. Having my own love for dance and art it connected with me and i wanted to become apart of this movement with something i love, that being both dance and music while still fitting in love for fashion and design.

Many pop videos in the west and in Korea have dance within their videos, a few i will be looking into will be

• Sia – series with Maddie Ziegler
  • Ed Sherran – thinking out loud
  • Jimin – Lie
  • Troye Sivan – My My My
  • Sam Smith – how do you sleep
  • Halsey – without me

and more

I want to be able to create my own content for the video as last time i tested and try editing skills within premier pro, doing this dance piece will let me look into staging, styling, casting, filming and editing along with creating a dance choreography which is something i’ve not worked on for years.  Its a big project but a chance to try being creative and connecting with emotions is a range of ways.

Going forward i will research into the two solo songs by Ten pick my favourite and which one will work best for a dance routine, and break down the lyrics to connect and dig into what concept should be chosen for him. Creating a survey to get ideas from those who like ten and what their thoughts are on the proposal to get understand the market in more depth.

Notes –

NOTE (edited after lock down) explained later on in blog and within sketchbook, my process of why i change my idea for the teaser video.