IT’S HEREEEEE

Well I am happy.

The printing quality IS SO GOOD!

I was so worried, especially as my portfolio is printing on newspaper and then this as a hardback bound book I was like so many things can go wrong SO MANY.

But alas I’m please, the wrap around image looks sick and I really like feel and quality of the book. I do wish my spine was bigger but that’s due to the amount of work put in the book, not the printing company ha!

The back cover I really struggled with designing as I didn’t want to have a photograph as I thought it wouldn’t compliment the illustration on the front. I also wanted to reinforce the way the book follows the figure down the body by having the front cover as the lips representing the top/front and then using an illustration of the bottom of the body. The only illustration I thought worked well was the purple bum illustration as it showed the back of the body and lower regions plus isn’t too explicit. The purple I felt really complimented the off white that the colour of the book is however I could have considered doing writing on the back. I wanted to keep it simple and make people intrigued to look inside therefore I decided not to write a blurb or have any words but FEMME on the front.

On reflection I do think that having a small amount of writing on the back may have had a larger impact and more professional feel to it.