Time Is Ticking

Well as if, as if it’s all come round this quickly, I feel like it was only just March last week.

So this is the last part, the final chapter if you will.

And it’s all coming down to timings I really should have worked out the time to get stuff printed about a week ago but lol I didn’t and now it’s all steam ahead, I’m finalizing the layout of the book so I can send to print at the very very very latest 6th May. Which omg is pushing it so much, I tried to follow my gant chart and keep timings all steady but I really should of tried harder because it really has come down to the last .

The book takes an estimated 10 days to print so I am cutting it so very fine, once it’s sent off however I need to send my sketchbook off to print and my portfolio. They have an estimated 5 days so thank you lord I have time.

I’m pleased with my book layout so far, I’ve tried to keep in very minimalist focusing on the illustrations and photography.

I’m very unsure of how it’s all going to come together, as it’s a mixture of photography and illustrations I’m not sure how well it flows or if it makes sense to the viewer.

I wanted to try and portray the female form in so many different ways so it didn’t just become monotonous but had variations and an interesting range of techniques.

I think I possibly allowed my creativity to rule and not necessarily my head, I have continuously questioned keeping it purely visual however I don’t know how I could of really incorporated text other than how I already did in my illustrations. But I also think when you’ve looked at something for so long you need fresh eyes and a fresh perspective to help your mind look at things from a different angle.

I don’t know if it really portrays the message of the female gaze, I just wanted it to be from an angle where it’s a truthful depiction of women through both illustration and photography. As in both practices women are so heavily misrepresented and bodies contorted to conform to the female ideal.

Hopefully it will make sense and flow.