Historical Research

Marlon Brando wearing a, now iconic, biker jacket in The Wild One, arguably the first to bring the Biker Jacket into the media, creating the rebellious image associated with the jacket today.

Historical research on the biker jacket allowed me to see how it had been worn throughout different decades and in different styles. I chose to firstly look on Pinterest because I felt that it was the best source to give me a quick, visual overview of the jackets’ history.
I did find it very useful in seeing it in this format to look at how it has developed in both its practical use for bikers, to its rebellious image lead my Marlon Brando in The Wild One, to being a fashionable garment worn by many.

(03/08/16) A modern styling of the leather biker jacket includes a more feminine feel, particularly worn with a light, sheer dress, but still maintaining its original tough image.

https://uk.pinterest.com/elhharding/biker-jackets/