Character design for self directed project

I have started to think about the character design for the graphic novel that I want to create. Following on from the drawing workshop, I feel slightly more confident with drawing faces, however I want my characters to have a certain style to them which is what I am going to play around with. Firstly, I have looked at some images of character design and style that interests me. I particularly like the Pixar character design as each character reflects their personality.

Character Design: 5 Tips on Creating Personality – Paper Pirate

Pixar Animation Studios

Character Illustration - Lessons - BlendspaceDisney Pixar Character Sketches Sketch Coloring Page | Cartoon character design, Character sketches, Drawing cartoon characters

I then made some sketches of a type of style of character that I had in mind. I am not sure if this is what I want my character to look like, but it is just an initial sketch to work from. I like the look of the coloured pencil so, this might be a medium that I work with in my graphic novel. I also made a sketch in charcoal, which did get a bit smudged, but I think this would be a difficult medium to work with on a larger scale of drawings.