Book binding workshop

This image requires alt text, but the alt text is currently blank. Either add alt text or mark the image as decorative. This image requires alt text, but the alt text is currently blank. Either add alt text or mark the image as decorative. This image requires alt text, but the alt text is currently blank. Either add alt text or mark the image as decorative.This image requires alt text, but the alt text is currently blank. Either add alt text or mark the image as decorative.

In this workshop, we learnt how to create different books together with different techniques from folding paper to sewing pages together. It was interesting to see different ways and materials that were used. I found that the workshop was helpful because not only could I contribute these techniques to my zine but I could also contribute them into future work, like creating sketch books. In the first experimentation, we folded and  cut out papers in a pattern to create a mini zine. I first started of by folding an a4 paper by 4×4 squares this would outline where I had to cut and fold the paper, then I began to cut a spiral into the paper. after cutting a spiral into the paper, I began folding the paper in a direction. I found this technique to be easy and accessible but as a sketchbook and a zine, it would be hard to put content in it. In the second technique, we used thread, a hole puncher and paper to create a book that was connected by thread. I started off by folding two pieces of a3 paper into 4 squares. Then I began marking each paper with four holes, before using a hole puncher to punch four holes into the papers. Once the holes had been placed, I then began sewing the pages together which brought the pages together. I found this technique to be more secure but more technical.