Animation workshop

In this workshop, we experimented with creating animation to make our zines more interactive. The animations that we created were made from content we had found in magazines whilst using a stop animation technique. For my animation, I experimented first with the technique of stop animation, using a roll of string and taking pictures of the progress of the roll getting looser. Once I had collected my images, I edited them into one video and it made an effective animation based on time and progress. After I had understood the techniques, I had advanced to using magazines collages, cutting out faces of women and placing them on a black board. I began taking each image of the process of the faces appearing and gathering together. Once the faces were gathered, the stop animation came to an end. I believe that the animation conveyed women coming together in unity. As I have decided on the theme of the “Male Gaze” I believe that animation would come in handy with expressing my theme as it is based on moving images.

Published by