Animations

For this project I have been looking into different forms of story telling as well as different types of animation.  Charlie and Lola is a kids tv show that uses a very relaxed art style. The characters and props are drawn very loosely and this works successfully as the intended audience are children,  firstly may not appreciate very detailed animations but also the characters are within range of their own artistic ability. If a child wanted draw art of the show it would probably be a lot closer to the shows design than it would be drawing scoobydoo for example, this allows the children to connect with the show on another level. The show is a show for children that is about the lives of children so it would make sense that the art style emphasises the childlike ideas.

Charlie and Lola TV Review

Looking at movies such as Shrek and shows such as Winnie the Pooh, there is a very interesting story telling technique they, and many others, use to introduce the movie/episode. Both begin with narration as the take a book and open it up, the story that follows then seems to take place within the book. This gives the impression of a bedtime story, once again focussing on a younger audience as these types of stories are designed to be told to children as they drift off to sleep. To me it feels like a method of setting an innocent scene for the story, allowing people to relax while watching it.

Shrek 2': Interesting Details and Jokes You Never Got As a Kid

Opening to Winnie the Pooh and a Day for Eeyore 1993 VHS - video Dailymotion

In my initial ideas for the video I wanted to create something akin to the ways in which Wes Anderson makes his films, most notably Fantastic Mr Fox and the ways in which the camera swings round when characters have dialogue. Due to the lack of dialogue within my video and the fact that I could not incorporate or work out of to best do this, it is absent from my video, however still believe it to be a very interesting aspect to Andersons movie making that would have given a lot more cinematic prowess to my piece had I managed to achieve it.