Investigate your postgraduate options – Further Study Week 2022
Open to all University of Brighton students and graduates
This is a week full of virtual sessions hosted by the Careers and Employability team together with the Students’ Union to help you navigate your options for Postgraduate study.
Book your virtual place at Further Study Week sessions(listed below) here on Careers Connect
Book your place here for our Postgraduate Study Open Evening
- ✔Monday 31 Jan 2pm to 2.40✔ Here you can learn all about the support that is on offer from your Students’ Union for postgraduate students including wellbeing support, postgraduate representation within the University, social activities, and help to gain employability skills.
- ✔Tuesday 1 Feb 11am to 11.30am✔ Training to get you a job in the digital sector. Creative Process is the local provider of 3-week courses that are free and will get you closer to a career in the digital creative sector.
- ✔Tuesday 1 Feb 2pm 2.40pm✔ Are you considering doing a PhD? Come along to find out what help and support you can get along the way from our award-winning Doctoral College. Hear from Ioannis Pantelidis one of our Directors of Doctoral Studies and a current PhD student, and get a chance to ask your questions.
- ✔Tuesday 1 Feb 5pm to 6.30pm ✔Postgraduate open evening
*Join us at our postgraduate virtual open evening on Tuesday 1 February, from 5pm to 6.30pm to find out about continuing your studies at Brighton, get tips on specific topics, and ask us any questions you have.
*You can also find out about the University of Brighton alumni scholarship available to you as a future graduate, as well as government loans.*Postgraduate tutors will be on hand to answer all your questions about your course, as well as current masters students. You can join the open evening at any point; jump in on the discussion or message academics, staff, or students directly.
- ✔Wednesday 2 Feb 10 to 10.40✔ MSC Health Promotion is a course that you can take after graduating from your first degree – this is especially relevant to science-based courses. Course leader Carol Williams will explain more and answer your questions.
- ✔Wednesday 2 Feb to 2.40✔ Hadi Hassoun is the Student Union’s Postgraduate Officer. He is responsible for the representation of students on issues affecting postgraduate students. Hadi will explain what it’s like day-to-day studying as a postgrad student at Uni of Brighton. Come to hear Hadi’s first-hand experiences and ask your questions.
- ✔Thursday 3 Feb 2pm – 2.40pm✔ Apprenticeships. The University of Brighton offers Post Graduate pathways at levels 6 and 7 such as Teacher, Data Analytics and Advanced Clinical Practitioner, while other apprenticeships at levels 3 and 4 can be studied with other education providers and lead to professional qualifications in areas such as marketing, content production, accounting and more. Join us to find out more about getting an apprenticeship.
- ✔Thursday 3 Feb 10 am to 10.40am✔ Have you thought about further study? Where do you start, and what would you need to consider? Ian from our Careers and Employability team will talk you through this topic. He’ll explain where you can find out about the options available to you and how to start the next step of your academic journey.
- ✔Friday 4 Feb 10am to 10.40am✔ How to write your postgraduate personal statement, and where to start when looking for funding.