Win a 6-month beepurple residency at Plus X (Brighton) co-working innovation hub worth £900!
If you are a maker or a startup, who is already trading, and in need of a desk in a shared workplace or access to state-of-the-art startup facilities, this is the opportunity for you!
As part of the University of Brighton’s partnership with Plus X Brighton, the beepurple team is excited to offer one lucky winner a 6-month residency at their coworking innovation hub worth £900 by entering our competition.
The residency package includes:
- 24/7 access to the PlusX co-working facilities
- Business registration, including postage
- Free entry to all Plus X member events
- Access to the Plus X workshop facilities
- 50% off the hire fee of the Plus X Media Suite.
How do you enter this competition?
- To enter this fantastic competition open exclusively to University of Brighton students and graduates, simply answer the five questions below, and email your responses (titled, Plus X competition entry) to the beepurple team at email@example.com by Friday, 11 February, at 5pm.
- The top five entries will then be shortlisted by University of Brighton staff (using the judging criteria below) and invited to deliver a 5-minute pitch in front of a panel of judges at Plus X.
- The pitching competition will be on Wednesday, 23 February at 3pm at Plus X, so, please keep the date free now!
- The winning pitch will be awarded a 6-month residency.
Answer each question in 100 words or less:
- What does your startup do? How do your products/services meet the needs of your customers?
- How do you differentiate from your competitors?
- What is the market for your product/service? Precisely who are your customers?
- Why would you like to win a 6-month residency at PlusX? How will this opportunity benefit you and your business?
- What will you do to make the most out of your 6-month residency at PlusX?
Answer these five questions, and email your responses to the beepurple team (firstname.lastname@example.org) by Friday, 11 February, at 5pm.
Please note, all submissions will be managed by the beepurple team. The judging panel that listens to the shortlisted applicants will all sign a Non-Disclosure Agreement (NDA) to maintain confidentiality.
What are the judging criteria?
University of Brighton staff will score all entries using the following criteria:
Innovation: To what extent are you meeting your customers’ needs in an innovative way?
Marketing: To what extent do you have a clear understanding of your customer segments?
Impact: To what extent will you benefit from the 6-month residency at PlusX?
Motivation: How motivated are you to engage with PlusX and all that it offers its members?
Worried about your pitch?
If you want to sharpen your pitching skills, come along to our free, 1-hour workshop ‘Nail Your Pitch’, with Neema Amin, Founder of Escape Strategist https://escapestrategist.com/ on Wednesday, 9 February at 1pm on Zoom.
To book your place, go to:
This workshop is open to all students and graduates but will be particularly useful for those entering the competition.
Good luck with your entry!
If you have any questions about this competition, please email the beepurple team at: email@example.com.