Fabrica (Brighton) Gallery Volunteer Role – contact the Active Student Volunteering Service to apply
Spring exhibition: A Simple Act of Wonder
Artists: Walter & Zionel
Sat 18 Apr–Sun 31 May 2020
Front of House Gallery Volunteering role available for students to apply for via the University’s Volunteering Service, Active Student:
Tel: 01273 644145
E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org (students)
Exploring ideas of place and our power to re-imagine the world, acclaimed artists Walter & Zoniel invite you to travel across the city, from the centre to the suburb, in a playful new work exploring the mythologies of modern life. During May, through a series of colourful, collaborative interventions, they bring their attention and irrepressible energy to Fabrica and Moulsecoomb & Bevendean, asking how we connect with each other as individuals and communities.
Walter & Zoniel’s surreally inventive approach will already be familiar to many. Their polychromatic beach work Spectra: Cast delighted thousands at Brighton Festival 2017, whilst projects at Liverpool Biennial, Frieze Art Fair and Lumiere saw the artists deploy their favoured strategies of joy, humour, surrealism and beauty to pose deeper questions.
- Be willing to complete a shift a week during exhibition time
- Access to email and internet is prefered.
- Interest in the arts/creativity
- Interest in working with a wide range of people inluding: older people, younger people, people with varing disabilities
- Willing to work as part of a team.
- We expect volunteers to stay until the end of the exhibition which is approx. two months
- The role and time commitment is flexible although we expect at least a shift a week during exhibition times which is approximately 3.5 hours.
Deadline to apply
Applications will be accepted until the role is fully recruited to so please apply ASAP.