FMP – The National Portrait Gallery

At the beginning of the my final major project I visited galleries in London to initiate some ideas, spark creativty and inspire me. The National  Portrait Gallery is always a gallery that leaves me feeling motivated and eager to produce work as I am drawn to portrait photography and faces. 

My favourtite piece was the bromide print of Sade by Johnny Rozsa. The way she was posing and the background stood out to me the most. I noitced for afar that the print was of the singer from her iconic style and face which I feel was highlighted more as the print was in black and white. As i began studying the print more I noticed how she was posing more, leaning against a wall with her arm over the head which almost frames and crops her face. 

The background of the print had rough cut out edges and almost resmbled a crinkled piece of paper. This constrasted well by making Sade the main focus as she appeared in a more minimal, detailed and smoother texture.The effect almost made the piece appear slightly raised out of the frame. 

I belive the eye first looks at Sade’s face then leads down her body. Elements start to be becme more noitcable such as her clothing, facial expressions and pose for exampel one hand being in her pocket. 

The mood of the piece is very calm and soft which I feel links to Sade’s pose, expressions and style of music.

4 thoughts on “FMP – The National Portrait Gallery

1. While reading about the National Portrait Gallery, I’m struck by how art can capture the essence of individuals and eras. Just as skilled professional essay writers for hire have the ability to articulate complex ideas, artists convey profound stories through their work. In a way, both fields are about effective communication.

2. Quick shoutout to Ghostwriting365.de https://ghostwriting365.de/ for their stellar work! My business proposal was in need of a boost, and their ghostwriters delivered big time. They know how to make your proposal shine while keeping prices totally reasonable. Don’t hesitate to reach out to Ghostwriting365.de for writing help when you need it.

3. As someone who prefers stability in financial matters, the concept of a fixed interest rate is very appealing to me. This article has provided a comprehensive overview of inf credit rapid, making it easier for me to weigh my options. I appreciate the thorough analysis and helpful insights!

4. Very inspiring article about the National Portrait Gallery! It reminded me of looking for http://studishark.com/ for my art project. Such sources really help deepen understanding and work on the topic. Who else has used similar help?