Jenny Holzer

Jenny Holzer is another artist who created work during the feminist art movement. Her work differentiates her from other artists as she uses text to convey messages on violence, feminism, politics and war. The Mediums she uses are photography, LED projections, sound and posters.  Her ‘protect me from what I want’ projection stands out because it is white-on black text in a large bold font. There is no space around the text, no imagery and the message between the piece can be interpreted differently as it so vague. What the piece tells you about Holzer is that she wants her views to be public and have an impact on society which is why she projects them onto buildings.

One thought on “Jenny Holzer

1. I’ve always been fascinated by how artists like Jenny Holzer use text to convey powerful messages. As a college student struggling with writing assignments, I’ve been searching online for reliable resources and found a study help service https://www.resellerratings.com/store/Paperial that might be useful. It’s interesting how different mediums can be used to make an impact, whether it’s through art or through finding the right academic support.