Master head and Strapline

In another session with Martha we learnt about the important of having and Masterhead and Strapline for our Zine and created our own. All zines have Masterheads as they are the title of the Magazine or Journal which allow people to identify them. Straplines are used to add interest and give the reader a sense of what may be inside. They are used as a selling pitch.

Before creating my own Masterhead i had to come up with what i wanted to call my Zine. To do this firstly i brainstormed any ideas i had for a title, as my Zine was about Youth Culture so i wanted to call it something that linked to this but also had a hidden meaning. I came up with the name ‘Disconnected’, This to me suggested how i feel the youth are disconnected from the society due to social media and change and i liked how it also linked to phones and technology.

I hand rendered the word ‘Disconnected’ in a variety of different of fonts which i felt would link to the style and front cover design of my Zine. I then went through the same process to create the Strapline ‘ raw and unedited modern youth’ something i think the images and illustrations in my zine will express.