Graduates 2023: Stanley Andrews: 3D Design and Craft

“When starting this project the location of the course became a vital part of my work, connecting me to supply’s of materials I used in my making.”

My works is based upon local places in Brighton that I would visit with family and friends while growing up in the city. I have used materials from the locations such as decking from the West Pier and used boat sails from the marina to make seating. I have made a deck chair & sun lounger from the decking and sails.

How have you found your course and what made you choose it?

I have thoroughly enjoyed my course and the huge access to the amazing workshops on offer to us.

Was the location of your course in Brighton more important than you thought it would be?

I chose Brighton for its location and the facilities on offer in such a great campus location. When starting this project the location of the course became a vital part of my work, connecting me to supply’s of materials I used in my making.

After graduating I hope to make contacts in industry and form relationships with local suppliers who could display my work.

If you could give you 16 year old self any advice about going to University what would it be?

Don’t take work in a shop, it’s boring!

Stanley’s Instagram: @designley

Find out more about 3D Design and Craft

Watch out for news about the Graduate Summer Show

Follow the Brighton Summer Shows on Instagram