Graduates 2022: Lottie Allen: Fashion Design

“One of the main reasons I was attracted to the course was the placement year as I wanted the opportunity to work with big brands in the fashion industry and make valuable industry connections.”

My collection is inspired by how kids dress themselves, playing with how they unintentionally style their outfits wearing clothes in peculiar ways, creating weird clothing combinations, or dressing in mismatching styles. Everything is made in weird proportions or buttons up wrong to reflect the fun carefree way kids play with fashion and style. Another influence is the drawing game of consequences, which influences the mismatch and slashed style of the garments.

I’ve loved my time in Brighton! It’s been a lot of hard work and very stressful at times but I’ve loved being surrounded by so many other creatives all while being able to expand my skill set. I love the city of Brighton and how colourful the city is.

How did you choose your course – why did you choose to study Fashion Design?

I’ve known I wanted to work in fashion since I was 16 and I thought the course was a great way to expand my skill set after studying Fashion and Costume at college. One of the main reasons I was attracted to the course was the placement year as I wanted the opportunity to work with big brands in the fashion industry and make valuable industry connections.

My plan for after graduation is to stay in Brighton another year to properly experience the city without the stress of uni. While here I plan on working as a freelancer for fashion and social media brands to expand my connections further and take on as many experiences as I can while making the most of the fun city.

Follow Lottie on Instagram: @porcelain.pixie

Find out more about BA(Hons) Fashion Design with Business Studies

Visit the Graduate Show