Graduates 2022: Macy Rix: Fashion Communication

“I have found that my course has been an interesting journey over the course of three years; exploring different aspects of fashion and realising that so much process goes into every one of them.”

“The majority of my art is inspired by nature, which is something I have been exposed to since I was a young. Nature, coupled with visual influence from artists such as Ben Zank, Cho Gi-Seok, and Whitney Hayes, has played an important role in my final major endeavour.
When it comes to creation, I’ve always been rather a spontaneous person, with last-minute visions in my head often resulting in great outcomes.

How have you found your course and time at Brighton?

I have found that my course has been an interesting journey over the course of three years; exploring different aspects of fashion and realising that so much process goes into every one of them. An interesting yet personal achievement I have gained would be confidence which I did lack before coming here – the pressure of enhancing your creativity and independence from my tutors to create my own outcome truly did help me come to be optimistic and proud of myself.

How did you choose your course – why did you choose to study Fashion Communication?

I chose Fashion Communication because I wanted to extend my creativity from A level photography into a course that would fit into a prospective job I wanted to pursue. Because it is a degree that covers various facets of fashion, you can pursue a variety of career routes.

What are your plans after graduation?

My ambition after graduation is to obtain a career in the business, such as working for a magazine, where I can generate work using my greatest and favourite skill, fashion photography. Eventually, I hope to be able to become self-sufficient in my photography and styling, allowing me to collaborate my unique style with businesses.”

Instagram: macypics_

Find out more about BA(Hons) Fashion Communication with Business Studies

Visit the Graduate Show