The project will scope a data service for complex visual datasets through various activities that iteratively gather user feedback, propose ideas/systems and test these with users. In addition, a human-centred design and evaluation approach will be used to test prototypes of existing 3D repositories to collect more detailed user requirements. The main activities include:
- Develop an online survey to gather requirements from current and future users.
- Deploy a MorphoSource prototype for evaluation with Arts and Humanities datasets to gather additional requirements.
- Workshops with users:
- Workshop “Visual Datasets in the Arts and Humanities”, London, 29th March 2022
- Workshop “Towards a 3D Data Service in the Arts and Humanities”, Edinburgh, May 2022
- Design and develop a full specification of an interoperable Trusted Data Repository and Service (TDRS) for complex 3D data for research in the arts and humanities, including capital and resource requirements.
- Communication and dissemination of the outcomes.
The anticipated outputs include:
- A specification for an interoperable Trusted Data Repository and Service (TDRS) for complex 3D data.
- A paper reporting on the user survey and activities for gathering users’ requirements.
- A 3D repository prototype with datasets from the community.