21 thoughts on “Marketing and Social Media Assistant

1. Thank you!

I think the most challenging part was having the confidence to put forward my ideas. It got easier over time, but when I had to present my copy ideas to a colleague so that she could make the graphic, I was really nervous the first time. It was a good learning experience though.

1. Amazing! would you say you are more confident now putting forward your ideas in the future?

1. I did learn a lot! I’ve always had an interest in doing marketing and copywriting as it combines my creative writing skills with my knowledge of marketing and sales. It meant that I could follow both paths at once which is something I was really interested in.

1. I was nervous about choosing this placement because I have no knowledge of finance, however I did my research before the interview and I just needed to understand the basics in order to market it. I thought that this company specifically had a really ethical financial view and
      would also look good on my CV as I’d learn a lot of transferable skills and get a sense of working in an office.

1. Brilliant presentation Jazz! You mentioned about researching the company before your interview, did the information that you found out beforehand interest you more to do your work placement here?

1. Thank you! Yeah definitely! I was hesitant to apply there because I didn’t quite understand what it was they did, once I’d done my research and understood everything and the values of the company, I was definitely a lot more interested and excited!

2. Amazing presentation Jazz! do you think your current knowledge from learning about ‘Copyrighting Inverted Pyramid’ has changed the way you view creative pieces in content writing and journalism? as I haven’t heard of this technique before and found this very interesting to hear you talk about!

1. Thank you! I definitely think it’s altered the way I write content; it’s allowed me to consider the reader’s perspective more too, so you sort of have to ask “why do they want to read this?” and it helps!

3. Great presentation Jazz!! did you enjoy your experience in working in an office environment?

1. Thanks! It was certainly different from my other experiences in employment – I’m usually very busy and on my feet all day in retail! But i really liked the relaxing feel of the office and the rapport you build up with colleagues. I’m also a big fan of drinking coffee while I work!

4. Awesome presentation Jazz! Obviously the work this company does sounds amazing! Do you think you’ll strive to work for firms that are similarly ethical?

5. Jazz this was a good presentation and I am really impressed that you did research before starting your placement to help you with potential tasks that you would encounter – well done!

Your presentation is enriched with theory but it also appears to be led by it – did you find that this process of researching first then carrying out tasks continued throughout your placement as you have presented?