Your Technical Team

Mark Joste – Workshop manager

As you may know my main area of responsibility is managing the technical resources, the workshops and the team of technical demonstrators that deliver your technical support.

Besides that I can also offer technical support in the following areas;

1. Photography
      • Photoshop
      • Lightroom
      • Scanning
      • Processing and preparing photographic images for print
      • General photographic techniques
    2. Web/app/digital product design
      • Prototyping
      • User testing
      • Uuser research
      • WordPress
      • HTML/CSS

You can contact me initially via email m.joste@brighton.ac.uk) and then depending on the type of support that is needed we can continue via mail or move into Teams where we can share screens for more complex answers

An archive of my photographic practice can be viewed here and if you wish to, you can follow me on Instagram

Helen Gibbs – Book Arts Technical Demonstrator

For any questions about technical things to do with bookbinding, please email Helen

Also – please see the index “worksheets for bookbinders”

For specific technical support, get in touch and I can help you work out how to do something: h.gibbs@brighton.ac.uk

Rose Walker – Letterpress Technical Demonstrator

Rose runs the letterpress workshop for inductions on Mondays and open access sessions on Wednesdays and Thursdays during term time. If you have questions on what type is available or any related questions to the workshop that might help with the documentation and preparation of your printed work, please email me.

Similarly, if you require guidance, help or support, in specific areas of typographic layout, editing and organising content, hanging quotes, avoidance of hyphenation, widows and orphans, line length, kerning, tracking and leading and / or readability, image based polymer plates in the planning and preparation of your printed work.

My working days are Monday, Wednesday and Thursday. My email address is: r.walker4@brighton.ac.uk

Follow this link for more information about letterpress –

Graham Rees – Studio Technician.

Graham is your studio technician. He is responsible for providing support to staff that provide academic led, studio based workshops. He maintains the equipment that can be found within the studios and is based in room 151 (on the first floor, next to studio 150).

Liv White – Riso (& Adobe) Pro.

Liv runs Dopple Press Design & Risograph Print Studio in Brighton. On Wednesdays & Thursdays, she can be found at Grand Parade in room 151 running student print sessions, Riso induction workshops & providing adobe troubleshooting. If you’re interested in signing up email Liv at DoppleStudentSessions@gmail.com

Andy Cheung – Technical Demonstrator: DDM and Animation

Hey Everyone!

I’m Andy, the Technical Demonstrator for DDM (Design for Digital Media) and Animation. I’m a Generalist animator well-versed in both 2D and 3D workflows. You can rely on me for diverse animation requirements, covering a broad spectrum of styles and techniques, such as:

• Creating captivating 2D/3D motion graphics.
  • Bringing characters to life through hand-drawn animations.
  • Mixing the best of both worlds with “Tradigital” animation techniques.
  • Crafting realistic 3D models that are ready to shine.
  • Breathing life into characters with dynamic 3D animations.
  • Building rigs to give characters their unique movements.
  • Adding stunning visual effects to make your animations pop.

But hey, don’t limit yourself to just these areas! I’m here to lend a hand with anything even remotely related to animation. Whether you have questions, need guidance, or just want to chat about your animation projects, feel free to reach out to me at a.t.cheung@brighton.ac.uk.

I’m excited to connect with all of you and support you in your animation endeavours!

If you have any technical questions please, just ask us.