Your Technical Team

Vis Com Tech Team VideoIntro to the Vis Com Team Video

Mark Joste – Workshop manager

As you may know my main area of responsibility is managing the technical resources, the workshops and the team of technical demonstrators that deliver your technical support.

Besides that I can also offer technical support in the following areas;

1. Photography
      • Photoshop
      • Lightroom
      • Scanning
      • Processing and preparing photographic images for print
      • General photographic techniques
    2. Web/app/digital product design
      • Prototyping
      • User testing
      • Uuser research
      • WordPress
      • HTML/CSS

You can contact me initially via email m.joste@brighton.ac.uk) and then depending on the type of support that is needed we can continue via mail or move into Teams where we can share screens for more complex answers

An archive of my photographic practice can be viewed here and if you wish to, you can follow me on Instagram

Helen Gibbs – Book Arts Technical Demonstrator

For any questions about technical things to do with bookbinding, please email Helen

Also – please see the index “worksheets for bookbinders”

For specific technical support, get in touch and I can help you work out how to do something: h.gibbs@brighton.ac.uk

Sat Kalsi – Letterpress Technical Demonstrator

Sat runs the letterpress workshop for induction and open access sessions on Wednesdays and Thursdays during term time. If you have questions on what type is available or any related questions to the workshop that might help with the documentation and preparation of your printed work, please email me.

Similarly, if you require guidance, help or support, in specific areas of typographic layout, editing and organising content, hanging quotes, avoidance of hyphenation, widows and orphans, line length, kerning, tracking and leading and / or readability, in the planning and preparation of your printed work.

For virtual meetings, we can arrange an audio or video call via Microsoft Teams, enabling us to share screens for an immediate response to questions or queries.

My working days are Wednesday and Thursday. My email address is: s.k.kalsi@brighton.ac.uk

Georgie St Clair – Adobe CC Technical Demonstrator

I’m here to answer questions and address any issues you’re having with the Adobe CC software relating to your project work. Specifically in Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign & Premiere.

On Wednesdays, I operate an ‘Open Surgery’ to answer your software queries.  Whilst we’re all working remotely, you can book an online appointment with me.

We can video chat using Microsoft Teams, which allows us to share screens so I can give you real-time instruction, demonstrations, and advice. If you’re working as a group, we can all sign in together as well.

How to Book An Appointment

You can sign up for a 30-minute session here via Calendly.
Alternatively, email me for an appointment g.stclair@brighton.ac.uk
(Also, if you think you’ll need longer than 30 minutes, I can organize this by email with you too.)

I’d also really like to know your suggestions for other topics you would like to learn in Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign and Premiere.

I look forward to working with you soon!
Georgie
Links you may find useful