A message form the Photo Services Unit:
Currently due to the Coronavirus outbreak the Photo Unit is closed. However our Technical Demonstrators are still available during normal working hours. Please contact us by using the Photo Unit email PhotographicServiceUnit@brighton.ac.uk
We also have a Microsoft Teams Page where we can arrange either a 1-2-1 or group meeting to discuss any Photographic problems you may be having with your work.
The address for our page is Groups – Grand Parade Photo Unit-Tech Support.
You can also use our email address to ask to join the page and we can then send you an access code or link to the site.
our website is here
A blog page where you can download and get help with the Microsoft Teams software can be found by copying and pasting the following into your browser:
The Photo Services Unit (located on the second floor) is a resource that is available to everyone in the school of art. It is run by the technical team from the Photography department.
The unit consists of a photographic studio, copy room, darkroom and equipment loan centre (where a variety of specialist still and moving image equipment may be borrowed).
- Monday to Thursday, 9.30am – 5pm
- Friday, 9.30am – 4pm.
Equipment Loans (room 241 hatch):(Equipment List)
- Monday to Thursday, 9.30am – 10.30am and 4pm – 5pm, Fridays, 9.30am – 10.30am only. During these times student’s can book and collect/return equipment and book studio or copy bench time.
- Student’s must bring an Equipment Loan Form pre-signed by a member of staff from their department before coming to collect any equipment.
- Bookings are made on a first come first served basis. Student’s can book equipment in advance for 1-5 days or over the weekend.
- There are no loans over the summer.
Studio and Copy Bench:
- Photography Studio, booked during equipment loan times, is fully equipped with dedicated equipment that cannot be borrowed.
- Student’s can book a full day or a half day at a time. Studio slots are 9.30am – 5pm or 9.30am – 1.00pm and 2.00pm – 5pm (4pm on Fridays).
- Technical help is provided.
Black & White Film Processing Service:
- We process B&W film for free every Thursday for non-photography students.
- Films dropped off before 10.30am on a Thursday will be processed the same day and ready to collect after 2pm.
Black & White Darkroom:
- Student’s have to be inducted before they can use this facility. Any student who wants to do a darkroom workshop should come and see a member of staff in the Photographic Service Unit, these are done in groups of 10-12 students.
Consumables For Sale:
- See notice in Photo Unit for current prices.