Advice for UCU members on health and safety in the workplace.

If you have a health & safety problem:

Your local Health & safety representative at for your school or site should be your first port of call for any health & safety query or problem. Elected by the union locally, they have the knowledge, are able to access training with paid leave, get paid facility time and have direct access to the union’s officials and health and safety advice line. They are part of the local procedures agreed with your management, with statutory rights, to deal with health and safety.

The University recognises the following Trade Unions, who may appoint Safety Representatives.


Details of the University of Brighton UCU health & safety representatives are given below.

University and College Union (UCU) – Safety Representatives:

Useful health and safety information can be found on the UCU website.

Other useful websites are:

Print Friendly, PDF & Email