Day 3. Fightin’ Brighton! Fighting for our universities. Students and staff together. Thursday 10 Dec.
Co-organised and hosted by the UCU Solidarity Movement, this online rally will highlight how staff and students’ interests are one and the same.
Solidarity Student and Staff Rally 12pm, Thursday 10th December
Brighton UCU members will hold their third day of strike action against compulsory redundancies on Thursday 10th December. The action has been called in opposition to compulsory redundancies among staff in the university’s IT service and follows the hugely successful first strike day on Wednesday 2nd December.
Brighton UCU ask you to support and join the online student and staff rally, which aims to promote the diverse voices of current campaigns and strengthen the links between students and staff in the fight to defend our universities.
- John McDonnell MP
- Vicky Blake, UCU President
- Mark Abel, UCU Brighton
- Nourhan Meddah, Cambridge student activist
- Brighton students from Student Support for I.T. Staff group
- Brighton students from Student Solidarity group
- Adam Hansen, Northumbria UCU, who recently won a ballot for action against unsafe working conditions
- SOAS Unison, who recently won a redundancy fight
- University of East London UCU, currently balloting over redundancies
- Manchester Metropolitan UCU, who have just won their consultative ballot over workloads and health and safety
- Many more Brighton students
After you have registered, you will receive a zoom link to the event.
Please share widely with colleagues and on social media.