Zeitgeist – Visual Research

Initial visual research taking photographs in the North Laines, Brighton in a way that I find aesthetically pleasing, thinking about lighting, composition, and colour palettes.

img_3472

Typography – I found this image aesthetically pleasing because of the colour palette and the use of white text against a bold colour. The composition of this picture is also eye catching to me because of all the angles and lines.

img_3473

Contemporary Functional Object – This image shows some contemporary every day functional objects, some plastic tubs. I found this interesting also because of the colour palette. The use of a pop of colour green put with neutral colours and black works well.

img_3474

Food – This shot i took from a forward facing angle, to capture all of the packets aligned and paralell to eachother, and also creating a colour scheme of mainly whites, pinks and greens.

img_3478

Object that represents fashion – This image was taken in Wolf & Gypsy situated in the lanes. The composition of this photo is what makes the photograph aesthetically pleasing, as all the objects in the shot are placed carefully and make it easy for the eye to follow the picture. Also the colour palette again works extremely well as it is mainly neutrals.

img_3479

Drink – I took this photo from an angle to line up all the bottles of Ciroc, and make the colours from behind them stand out through the glass and clear liquid.

img_3480

A Curiosity – This curiosity found in the lanes caught my eye because I didn’t know what it was.

img_3481

Vintage Object that is Trending – I chose this object as my “vintage object that is trending” because denim dungarees are an item of clothing that is mainly associated with the 90’s, however dungarees are very much back in fashion and as trendy as ever. The pop of colour against the black works well and gives the image a retro vibe.

img_3483

Object that Represents Music – In a music store in the laines I found this object that stood out for me because of the purple lights against the black background.