Previously, all modules contained a ‘Photoregister’ widget on the dashboard which allowed staff to take electronic registers using student photos.
This widget was removed for the 20/21 academic year as a new attendance monitoring system is being piloted ahead of a university-wide release.
However, in the short term, academic staff can add the ‘Photoregister widget’ back into their modules to view student photos if they wish. We do not recommend using the tool to track attendance.
Instructions on how to add the photoregister widget to a module on My Studies:
- Go to the relevant module on My Studies
- Click on Dashboard (from main module menu)
- Click Add Module (top left of screen)
- Search for ‘Photo’ (or scroll down list)
- Click Add to add the Photoregister widget
- Click Ok (bottom right)
The photoregister widget will now appear on your dashboard (and can only be seen by staff). The widget can be repositioned as required.