Scenario: You’ve recorded a Panopto video, but accidentally recorded your webcam and screen, whereas you actually only wanted to record your screen.
Solution: you can remove the webcam recording by following the instructions below:
- First you need to download the audio recording (as this is tied to the webcam recording).
- Open your Panopto video in the Editor
- Click on the Settings button (cog icon) in the top right corner of your video
- Click Outputs
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and click to download the ‘Podcast’. This will download a mp4 file to your computer.
- Once complete, go back to the editing screen for your video
- On the far left side, click Streams. You’ll see two streams listed (primary = webcam, and secondary = screen). Make a note of their names for later.
- Click Add Stream
- Use the large box on the right side to upload your downloaded audio file as a Primary Stream.
- You will now have two primary streams. The new audio stream will need to process (please wait)
- Once completed, click the 3 dots next to the primary stream you no longer need and click Delete (it should be the ‘webcam’ stream, but hopefully you made a note earlier!).
- Save changes by clicking the Apply button in the top right of the editor