Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) > > External User: How can I add someone who does not have a University of Brighton login (external user) to my Microsoft Team area?
- Go to your Team Settings.
- Click on the members tab.
- Click on Add Member.
- Type in the email address for the person whom you are adding.
Important double-check that you have typed in the email correctly as a small mistake could result in an error or untintentionally inviting the wrong person (e.g. spelling variaton with Gmail or Yahoo) which is a data breach if they access your Teams area.When the dropdown appears with ‘Add ….@….com/co.uk as a guest’ click on it.
- You may need to edit the display name for this person. This usually if their email address does not include their name. Click on the pencil next to the ‘name’ to edit it.
- This will bring up a entry field. Type in the correct name and then click on the ‘tick’ to confirm.
- Click on Add to add the member.
- Click Close to finish. The new member is a guest which means that they can engage with content, collaborate and add content but they cannot create channels or manage content in any way.