Before you start: All alternative assessments will need to be approved by the Chair or nominee of the School Quality and Standards Committee – see Alternative Assessments.
Key assessment technologies for:
Multiple Choice Tests (MCQs) – My Studies tests as remote exams
- Overview: Using tests and quizzes
- Part 1: Creating Question Pools
- Part 2 – Adding to and editing the question pool
- Part 3 – Build the exam
- Part 4 – Deploying the exam
- Part 5 – Managing the exam from the Grade Centre
- video tutorial (clearing an attempt, accessing results)
- how to clear attempts for all students
- how to clear an attempt or allow an additional attempt for a specific student
- Clearing students’ attempts in the Grade Centre you’ll need to do this to enable your students to resubmit or retake a test.
- Viewing test or survey results My Studies tests and survey results are automatically recorded in the Grade Centre.
- Test settings we recommend:
- ‘Force Completion’ is ON: If enabled, once students have started the test they cannot leave the test until complete. If a student attempts to leave the test midway through, My Studies will automatically submit their test attempt.
- ‘Auto Submit’ is OFF: If the timer is enabled, My Studies will automatically submit the students test when the timer expires which does not allow for any interruptions the student might experience – you will be able to tell what time the student did submit.
Scanned (handwritten), image or multiple file submissions – My Studies assignment tool
- The My Studies assignment tool can accept multiple files, many file types, and has no file size limit.
- About My Studies assignments
- How to set up (web) / How to set up (video)
- Reducing File Sizes
- Handwritten work should be scanned to create a PDF: OneDrive Scanning instructions for students (pdf)
Video/Audio Submissions – Using Panopto in the My Studies assignment tool
Word/PDF Essay submissions – Turnitin
- Turnitin is for originality checking essays in pdf and word, limited to one file and under 100mb. Turnitin cannot accept image only submissions, videos or documents with less than 25 words.
- About Turnitin
- How to set up
Controlling content/exam release to Individuals/Groups – Adaptive Release
- Adaptive Release – release content based on date or group membership
- Giving individual students access to exam paper variants (video)
Using the Grade Centre – managing grades