An outline of the changes to student placements during COVID-19
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic student placements were interrupted. This chart is a snapshot of the duration of placements and canceled placement for the various cohorts. This will help to understand the long some students have not been in practice.
- Sept 18 cohort missed 2nd placement in year 2. Year 3 placements- January-March and May-August (or longer as hours needed).
- Feb 19 cohort some had a paid placement in May, all started placement 12/10/20-25/01/21 and then have 2 further placements in May and September 2021 completing Jan/Feb 2022.
- Sept 19 cohort missed placement and will have placements in January-March and May-August each year.
- Feb 20 cohort missed a placement under the Emergency Standards and have 1st placement now October –January and placements in May and October each year following.
- Sept 20 cohort will have first placement in July 2021 and then placements in January and May each year.
- Feb 21 cohort will have first placement in October 2021 and then placements in May and October each year.
- Sept 21 cohort will have first placement in July 2022 and then placements in January and May each year.
Please contact us for more information and questions on the COVID-19 Regulations.