Services and help
Here’s our checklist of essential information that may help you during your time at Brighton.
Register with a doctor
Get to know your Students’ Union
The Brighton Students’ Union can help you get the most out of your time at university.
Visit Student Services
Experienced staff in Student Services offer support on a range of issues including:
- Support in finding jobs plus volunteering and mentoring opportunities.
- Advice about money worries and how to live on a budget.
- Help accessing academic support if you have a disability, learning difficulty or long-term medical condition.
- One to one support for students with worries or concerns in a safe, confidential space.
The service is confidential, non-judgemental and free of charge.
Visit your nearest Student Centre as your first point of contact with Student Services or email email@example.com.
You can also ask a question online.
There is a wealth of information on brighton.ac.uk about all aspects of the university experience, from studying and part-time work to your finances and personal life.
Make use of these blogs for help and advice on careers and finance as well as seeing how your survey feedback has been actioned.
- Careers Services Blog – news, articles and advice on progressing your career
- Money Matters Blog – get finance and budgeting support and advice