Free bike maintenance checks 14-16 November
A mechanic from Bike for Life South will be providing free bike checks at Moulsecoomb, Falmer and City campuses 14-16 November.
The basic maintenance check offered includes minor mechanical adjustments and cycle advice including:
- Bikeability advice such as use of gears, brakes and on road safety tips.
- Recommended bike shops and services.
- Help with the comfort of your bike set up / riding position.
- Advice on locking your cycle and correct helmet fitting.
- Bike servicing at a later date not covered by your 30-minute appointment.
It is expected that bike owners remain present when their bikes are being looked at, so they can benefit from the mechanics tips and advice on how to handle to most basic repairs and maintenance checks.
The Dr Bike team does not provide a full bike service, but it can give an advice whether such service is required considering the condition of a bike. They can also recommend bike shops in a city offering such services.
Spaces for a free check on each campus can be booked via Calendly: Calendly – University of Brighton Sustainability Team.
These sessions are funded from the Department for Transport’s Capability & Ambition Fund, through Brighton and Hove City Council.