4 things to do before you graduate
With graduation now in sight for our third year students, as you start to think about what comes next, we want to let you know that we are here for you wherever your journey takes you.
Make sure you remain connected with us by joining your University of Brighton Alumni Association, which gives you access to continued career support and further study opportunities.
Your Alumni Association is a community of over 180,000 fellow Brighton graduates who have been right where you are today. We like to think of this connected community as being the Brighton Effect. They are ready and willing to support you by sharing stories about their journey and being open to connecting via our LinkedIn alumni group.
What can you do now?
- Join your Alumni Association and share your up-to-date contact details so we can keep in touch. As part of the free membership we will keep you posted on job bulletins, further study opportunities and news from the university.
Build your Linked In network
- Find industry groups and networks to join, including the Alumni Association LinkedIn Group, where you can network with fellow graduates, seek advice and find opportunities.
- You can find advice and guidance on how to set up your LinkedIn profile.
- Remember to regularly update your profile and to add your skills and experiences.
- If you’ve not used Careers Connect before, it is university service that provides students and graduates with access to current vacancies from a range of employers.
Get in touch with your Career Development Adviser
- You can continue to access support and advice from the Career Development Team after you graduate.
- They can help you with composing a professional CV, completing application forms, writing your cover letter, preparing for interviews, career planning, deciding on the type of job you want and where to find it.
Wherever you are going, we will be right there with you. We are excited to see what your Brighton Effect story will be.
Explore our blogs to learn about fellow graduates Brighton Effect experiences, stories and advice.