Your support network during Christmas closure 23 Dec – 2 Jan
With the university being closed from Friday 23 Dec 2022 and re-opening Tuesday 3 Jan 2023, there are a wide range of external agencies and organisations that we work with during term-time who remain open to you during this period. We have put together this simple guide to outline the full range of different wellbeing support options and activities available from both the University and external services.
University Support and Resources
- Togetherall – 24/7 online mental health support platform
- UoB Self-help guides – covering a range of topics and issues
- Student Space – Student Wellbeing resources and advice
University Halls of Residence
Residential Wellbeing Team – Available 7:30pm–7:30am every night, providing emotional and wellbeing support for students living in University of Brighton halls of residence.
Telephone: 01273 641064 | Residential Wellbeing Team
Emergency or Urgent Support
If there is an immediate emergency and you require the police, ambulance or fire services please call 999. If you are on University premises or this relates to the University, then call the university emergency number 01273 642222 (24/7) to inform site staff.
Mental Health Rapid Response Service – Urgent 24/7 mental health crisis response service. Telephone: 0300 304 0078 | MHRRS website
Student Wellbeing Service
Your full University Support System/Service including counselling, disability support and SSGTs will reopen on Tuesday 3 January 2023.
Key External Support Services
- Samaritans – Providing a space to listen no matter how big or small the issue 24/7. Telephone: 116 123 | Samaritans website
- YMCA Youth Advice Centre (YAC) in Brighton – Housing advice for U25s at risk of homelessness, and a range of other services. Telephone: 01273 624432 | YAC website
- Sussex Mental Healthline – Mental health, stress, anxiety and depression telephone support service. Telephone: 0800 0309 500 | Sussex Mental Healthline website
- Hopeline – a safe space to talk to anyone under 35 who is experiencing thoughts of suicide. Telephone: 0800 068 41 41 | Hopeline website
- The Mix – Support to all under 25’s on a range of different issues 4pm–11pm daily. Telephone: 0808 808 4994 | Text: THEMIX to 85258 (crisis) | The Mix website
- Sexual Health and Contraception (SHAC) services – free emergency contraception for Under 25s. See Christmas holiday opening times and contact numbers (pdf) or see the Brighton Sexual Health website.
Please note that all our buildings will be closed as usual over the Christmas period, from Friday 23 December to Monday, 2 January inclusive. In addition, some buildings will be closed for a longer period from Monday, 19 December to Sunday, 8 January inclusive. Find out the Opening hours over the Christmas break.