Staying safe in 2022
We’re looking forward to welcoming you back for a new term, and want to remind you of a few important things you need to do, to help keep everyone safe in the new year.
Get tested before you travel
If you’re travelling back to the University, please ensure you take a lateral flow test before departing. You can order tests online for delivery to your home address or collect them from your local pharmacy.
All test results should be reported online, even if they’re negative or void, selecting the reference ‘University of Brighton’ from the list of education providers.
If you test positive, you should follow the guidance set out in these UK Government self-isolation guidelines.
This also contains important information for those students working in health and social care settings.
We also strongly encourage you to book your vaccinations including boosters as soon as possible.
On campus precautions
The arrangements and additional safety measures put in place at the end of last term remain in place. This means that the wearing of face coverings remains mandatory for students, staff and visitors in the following settings:
- All in-person educational settings – teaching rooms, laboratories, workshops, studios, etc.
- In transit in all buildings including the use of lifts
- In hospitality settings such as cafes, except when seated
- In sports facilities except when undertaking activity
- In libraries and computer pool rooms, both when moving in these spaces and when seated
- In Students’ Union shops
- In face-to-face wellbeing appointments
- On the University of Brighton bus service (in line with all public transport).
Please also continue to play your part in keeping us all safe with these simple steps:
- Wash or sanitise your hands regularly
- Respect everyone’s space, looking out for those wearing a red wristband to indicate they wish to remain socially distant
- Take note of occupancy limits, ventilation reminders, and directional signage
- If you have symptoms and receive a positive PCR test, you should report it to the University via the My Brighton app
- Check in on friends and be kind to yourself and others.
As travel arrangements are changing on an almost daily basis, we suggest you continue to check the UK government requirements and any testing and quarantining restrictions that may change in the country you are planning on travelling from.
Thank you for your support. We look forward to welcoming you on campus soon.