Your support network during Christmas closure 23 Dec – 3 Jan
With the university being closed from Thursday 23 Dec 2021 and re-opening Tuesday 4 Jan 2022, there are a wide range of external agencies and organisations that we work with during term-time who remain open to you during this period. We have put together this simple guide to outline the full range of different wellbeing support options and activities available from both the University and external services.
University Support and Resources
- Togetherall – 24/7 online mental health support platform
- UoB Self-help guides – covering a range of topics and issues
- Student Space – Student Wellbeing resources and advice
University Halls of Residence
Residential Wellbeing Team – Available 7:30pm–7:30am every night, providing emotional and wellbeing support for students living in University of Brighton halls of residence.
Telephone: 01273 641064 | Residential Wellbeing Team
Emergency or Urgent Support
If there is an immediate emergency and you require the police, ambulance or fire services please call 999. If you are on University premises or this relates to the University, then call the university emergency number 01273 642222 (24/7) to inform site staff.
Student Wellbeing Service
Your full University Support System/Service including counselling, disability support and SSGTs will reopen on Tuesday 4 January 2022.
Key External Support Services
- Samaritans – Providing a space to listen no matter how big or small the issue 24/7. Telephone: 116 123 | Samaritans website
- Mental Health Rapid Response Service – Urgent 24/7 mental health crisis response service. Telephone: 0300 304 0078 | MHRRS website
- Sussex Mental Healthline – Mental health, stress, anxiety and depression telephone support service. Telephone: 0300 5000 101 | Sussex Mental Healthline website
- Hopeline – a safe space to talk to anyone under 35 who is experiencing thoughts of suicide. Telephone: 0800 068 41 41 | Hopeline website
- The Mix – Support to all under 25’s on a range of different issues 4pm–11pm daily. Telephone: 808 808 4994 | Text: THEMIX to 85258 (crisis) | The Mix website