Part-time job opportunity: 30 Student Ambassadors urgently wanted
Are you interested in becoming a paid Student Ambassador with an hourly rate of £10.43? We’re looking for up to 30 current students who can work flexible hours including evenings and are eligible to work in the UK.
Student Ambassadors have the opportunity to assist in a number of activities, including but not limited to: International orientation programme (online and in-person), welcome week activities including enrolment sessions, careers and employability fairs and events, open days and basic administrative tasks. Other jobs may also be available as required by the Student Operations & Support teams and other university departments on an ad-hoc basis.
The deadline for this application is the 8 August 2021 at 11:00pm.
- Co-ordinating online and in-person activities
- Sharing university experiences with new students
- Welcoming and signposting visitors, greet enquirers, offer basic advice and information on a range of related issues, signposting where necessary.
- Supporting marketing campaigns/raising awareness – putting up posters, distributing flyers and assisting with set-up and dismantling of event(s)
- To assist in the collection of feedback, by completing questionnaires, attending meetings, student panels and focus groups.
- Office-based administrative roles
- Student Ambassadors are often the face of the university as they are the first people that visitors to Brighton come into contact with, and as such are responsible for delivering an excellent first impression.
Successful applicants must attend a group interview session on 23 August. The interview lasts approx. 2 hours.
The next stage for successful interviewees is to attend a mandatory training session, on 24 August. For those wanting to work on the Orientation programme, there is a further training session on 6 September.