Your tips for managing stress at exam time #MentalHealthAwarenessWeek
As part of Mental Health Awareness Week, we’ve put together a list of some of your top tips and advice. Remember, everyone manages stress differently. If you feel you need help talking about stress or wellbeing you can always contact your SSGT.
Connect with others and talk about it
- It’s okay to talk! Tell someone if you’re struggling. Don’t let it build up.
- A problem shared is a problem halved – remember you’re not the only one!
- Take the time to cook and eat meals with friends.
- Don’t be scared to talk about it – you don’t have to go through it alone.
- If I’m stressed, I spend 10 minutes talking to my mum and grab a cuppa.
Find ways to relax and unwind
- Taking a day to myself.
- Remain calm, take a walk, chat with friends at the end of the day.
- Meditation or yoga.
- Sleep well and wake up fresh.
- Pop some essential oils in the bath.
Maintain a healthy lifestyle
- Exercise keeps the mind stimulated.
- I am trying to keep on a healthy diet consisting of balanced meals.
- Schedule exercise into your timetable.
- Get outside – go for a walk or run.
- Drink loads of water!
- Eat plenty of fruit and veg!
- Try drinking green tea instead of coffee and cut down on caffeine.
- Go for a long bike ride.
- Walk to and from university.
- Manage your time effectively – do not overwork.
- Make a plan and stick to it – take regular breaks (45 minute session – 15 minute break).
- Keep a normal sleeping schedule during revision and before exams.
- Break tasks down into manageable chunks – set yourself daily goals and take it step by step.
- Organisation and time management is key.
- Make sure you balance your study time with work and leisure.
- Don’t leave things to the last minute – if you do, talk to someone!
Enjoy some rewards, fun and treats
- Reward yourself when you achieve you goals.
- Listening to music and dancing.
- Watching the sunset on the beach and long walks by the sea.
- Spend time with friends.
- Make a nice playlist.
- Don’t give up your hobbies and family time.
- Bake something and sing along while you do it.
- Do fun things to de-stress.
- Don’t feel guilty about a cheeky bit of Netflix!
- Be confident. Love yourself.
- Adopt a winning mindset! Don’t let people put you down.
- Do not stress too much and let it take over.
- Write motivational notes / look at quotes that inspire you!
- Stay calm – you will make it through the exams soon. Good luck!