Student News and Events

News and events for University of Brighton students

Car park on Moulsecoomb campus
20

University parking arrangements update (includes 2021/22)

See our latest post dated 30 September 2021 on ‘University parking arrangements update (2021/22)

If you are travelling to the university and require access to parking or are considering travel options for the next academic year, please read the following update on changes to parking on our campuses.

Extension of temporary parking arrangements

Recent temporary changes to University parking arrangements will now be extended until Friday 1 October, 2021.

• Students with an E-Permit will continue to receive free parking.
  • Students without an E-Permit can continue to apply for free on-campus parking during this period by emailing centralparking@brighton.ac.uk in advance of each visit, providing a car registration, date and time of visit and ensuring receipt of a confirmation mail before travelling to campus.

Arrangements for the 2021/22 academic year

• Normal parking arrangements will restart from Friday 1 October, 2021
  • Student parking with a valid E-Permit will remain free for the 2021/22 academic year, but charges for the 2022/23 academic year will be considered.
  • Those who already hold a valid university parking E-Permit will have these rolled over to the 2021/22 academic year with no requirement to reapply.
  • New starters and those who don’t already hold an E-Permit will be required to apply and can begin to do so immediately via the Parking Permit Application Portal*.
  • Current parking permit application criteria will continue to apply.

*Please note – for security purposes you should ensure that you select a secure password which is different to your university password when using the Parking Portal.

Restrictions and terms and conditions

Restrictions and terms and conditions continue to apply throughout this period. See the latest university Parking Policy (pdf) for details.

The university encourages active travel (walking and cycling) to our campuses. View the university’s Sustainability website for information on facilities, discounts and benefits available for students including our interactive facilities map.

Questions

If you have any further questions about this update please contact: internalcommunications@brighton.ac.uk

carparkingtravel

Robin Coleman • 30 April 2021

Comments

1. Alison Bishop 20 September 2021 - 9.52am Reply

Hello
    I am a member of staff and parked using the In previous academic years
    Does this mean that I still hold an e permit to park at Falmer ?
    Thanks
    Ali Bishop

• Robin Coleman 22 September 2021 - 2.34pm Reply

Hi Alison, if you haven’t already please email InternalCommunications – thanks

• Lincy Joy 4 October 2021 - 11.29am Reply

Hello,
        I am a student I applied for e parking permit, I have not received an email back now I am parking outside in paid parking.
        How can I track my parking permit, could you do the needful for me please

Kind regards
        Lincy

• Robin Coleman 4 October 2021 - 12.17pm Reply

Hi Lincy, please email centralparking@brighton.ac.uk for these type of queries as our parking team do not read our blog’s comments. Thanks

2. Niall 5 October 2021 - 1.51pm Reply

Hi Robin, Where are the motorcycle bays located at Moulsecoomb campus?

• Robin Coleman 5 October 2021 - 1.59pm Reply

Inside the new(ish) Watts car park. Thanks

3. Kitty Suddick 6 October 2021 - 10.31pm Reply

I am trying to park in eastbourne Robert Dodd but cannot find any signage telling me the location ID to be able to use the just park app? Can you advise where I find the location ID and confirm what app to use?

• Robin Coleman 7 October 2021 - 8.22am Reply

If you visit https://www.justpark.com/ and enter ‘Robert Dodd’ in the web form’s location it should reveal the choices of where to park. The app should work the same but there is no location ID to use. Thanks

4. Sarah Poore 18 October 2021 - 2.57pm Reply

Hi I have a parking pass for Falmer but need to use a different car this week. What do I do? Thanks

• Robin Coleman 18 October 2021 - 3.04pm Reply

Hi Sarah, Staff should refer to StaffCentral for the parking policy where these details can be sought. In the meantime, this is the relevant advice from the policy: It is the E-permit holders responsibility to make sure that their vehicle registration is updated, please do so by logging on to your e-permit account. Please ensure that you change the details before you travel. You can also update registration details via your E-Permit account in the event that you are using a courtesy car or have to use an alternative vehicle. Please remember to update your details when you change back to your usual car. https://www.uk-carparkmanagement.co.uk/permit-order/university-of-brighton/signup.php

5. Mia 2 November 2021 - 1.07pm Reply

Hi,
    I’ve got an e-permit but was given a ticket on the 22nd?

• Robin Coleman 3 November 2021 - 8.38am Reply

You can pay the PCN or lodge an appeal with UK Car Park Management (UK CPM).
      Please do not ignore a PCN or any subsequent letters. This can result in a County Court Judgement that can affect your credit rating.
      PCNs are issued by a third party, UK Car Park Management (UK CPM), and not by the Parking and Transport Office, who are not able to deal directly with PCN queries or appeals. You will need to contact UK CPM directly.
      The recipient of a Parking Control Notice (PCN) has the right to appeal the charge directly with UK-CPM within the first 21 days of issue. Once the appeal has been received, the UK-CPM appeals team will have up to 28 days to reach a verdict and respond. Whilst the PCN is on appeal, the charge is ‘frozen’ and will not increase during this time period. An appeal can be made via UK CPM appeals https://www.uk-carparkmanagement.co.uk/appeals-centre
      If an appeal is unsuccessful, the vehicle owner can then appeal further to the Independent Appeals Service (IAS). UK-CPM would bear the costs of doing so as part of their membership with the International Parking Community (IPC) to ensure that the motorist is given a fair and neutral opportunity to appeal if they so wish.
      Customer Service
      To speak to a customer services representative between: Monday to Friday; 9:00am to 5:30pm, call 0345 463 5050.

6. Moesha limbachia 13 December 2021 - 4.21pm Reply

I already have an e permit but I have changed my car however my registration is still the same, is my permit still valid?

7. Sarah 16 December 2021 - 1.14am Reply

Is the customer services number for uk CMT? I got a pnc despite having been issued with an e permit. I have rechecked my account and my car is definitely registered. I am now concerned that they may issue me with further pnc notices. I lodged an appeal but as you state it can take up to 28 days for them to respond. I wonder if they have done this to many other legitimate parkers.

8. Lisa 15 March 2022 - 6.09pm Reply

I have a parking permit does this mean I can park on any campus?

9. Dolly Unachukwu 25 June 2022 - 8.27am Reply

I am a new student starting in September 2022, I am bringing my car, still waiting for my accommodation to be confirmed after end of this month. Pls how costly is it to park in Brighton campus and residential accommodation. Thank you

• Robin Coleman 28 June 2022 - 10.19am Reply

Hi Dolly. We’ll be publishing our 2022/23 parking guidance in the next week or two. However, the same procedures will remain where you will have to apply for a permit. Halls parking is especially rare and only available to those requiring special accessibility. Thanks