Writing skills for foundation and first year students
One-to-one tutorials to help develop your written assignments.
The University of Brighton Centre for Academic English Language Development (CAELD) is offering a series of one-to-one tutorials for foundation and first year students from 16 November for five weeks.
CAELD has a team of highly experienced English language tutors who can help you:
- Check the structure and organize your written work
- Check your use of clear language
- Check your use of appropriate language
- Check the level of criticality in your work
- Plan and deliver a presentation
How does it work?
If you’re a foundation or first year student, you can book a one -to-one session.
- Go on to Teams and then your Teams page.
- Click on the ‘join or create team’
- In the ‘join a team with a code’ box, in the top right-hand corner of the page, enter the code dpcyurk
- Then you will be taken to the booking form
- Find a date and time that suits you. Please note that we can only provide one session per student as spaces are limited.
- Enter your name and email into the appropriate cell to book.
- Alternatively, go direct to the booking form
- A tutor will contact you by email to find out how they can help you.
- You will be invited by your tutor to submit the written work you wish to discuss in advance.
- We advise on aspects of style or structure, but are not subject specialist tutors, so we cannot advise on content.
- We focus on your draft rather than editing or correcting completed or submitted assignments.
- Whilst we can help you to improve for the next assignment, we cannot offer an opinion on marks given by tutors.
More study development services
We also offer a number of alternative study development services that are available for all levels of study.
- Writing Advisory Service – Get individual feedback on your written work throughout the year.
- Maths and stats support – Discover a diverse range of online resources, as well as offering drop-in sessions for one-to-one support.
- One-to-one academic writing sessions – Book a one-to-one session with a Royal Literary Fund Fellow writing tutor to focus on your writing skills.
Plus, there’s specific support for those with a disability, learning difficulty, health conditions or impairments that may affect your studies and wellbeing.