News and events for University of Brighton students

Falmer campus car park
9

Car parking permit charges for 2019-20

UPDATE: Check out our latest post on the permit parking (20 September 2019)

Following our recent parking charges consultation back in May it has been agreed that student charges will not be introduced for the 2019/20 academic year. This policy will be reviewed for 2020/21.

New 2019/20 parking permits will however be required from Monday 23 September. Permit requirements will apply at the following locations:

• Falmer
  • Moulsecoomb
  • Eastbourne
  • City (Grand Parade)
  • Phoenix Halls (Residences)
  • Moulsecoomb Place Halls (Residences)
  • Varley Park (Residences)

Consultation

Please click here to view an overview of key updates following our recent parking charges consultation and here to view the results in full.

Charge overview

Student charges will not be introduced for the 2019/20 academic year but a valid 2019/20 parking permit will be required. This policy will be reviewed for 2020/21.

Parking Policy

Click here to view the car parking and permit application policy and here to view the parking permit criteria.

How to apply for your parking permit

New 2019/20 parking permits will be required from Monday 23 September. All staff and students wishing to continue parking at the University from this date will need to apply for an ‘e-permit’ which will take the place of the existing paper permit.

Please note that due to the limited number of e-permits available meeting the criteria does not guarantee allocation of an e-Permit either on a permanent or regular basis.

Apply for your car parking e-permit

FAQs

Please click here to find a list of frequently asked questions (PDF).

Contact

Should you have any questions about the parking policy or the consultation process please contact InternalCommunications@brighton.ac.uk

Robin Coleman • August 14, 2019

Comments

1. Natalie Pearce September 18, 2019 - 6:12 am Reply

When are students being told if their application for a permit is successful? And when the parking permits be handed out? Today is 18 September 2019 and permits are required from 23 September 2019.

• Robin Coleman September 23, 2019 - 8:17 am Reply

Hi Natalie, thanks for your comment. We have recently published a new upate around parking and permits. See this post.

2. Helen Woronowski September 30, 2019 - 8:24 am Reply

I applied for a permit at the end of August but still haven’t heard whether I have a permit or not! Parking is being regulated from tomorrow but no-one has replied to my emails about this. I’ve recently returned from leave and left my managers contact details in case of any queries in my absence but she wasn’t contacted.

• Robin Coleman September 30, 2019 - 1:31 pm Reply

Hi Helen, we recently published a new upate around parking and permits. See this post.

3. Abby Barras October 1, 2019 - 7:38 am Reply

Hi Robin

My application was submitted on 09.09.19. Your office sent an email confrming people would hear on Monday 23.09.19. When I called your office on 24.09.19 to chase up my permit, they had no knowledge of this notifcation.

I am still waiting, and despite numerous phone calls and emails, my application is still pending. As a full-time PhD student with a school aged child and who lives in Worthing (17 miles away) – and who has teaching committments as of tomorrow, please can you advise me exactly how I am supposed to come in to work and study, when there is no alternative transport for me?

To still be waiting for a decision at this point is unreasonable. I have raised this with my Head of School, the Doctoral College and Prof Debra Humphries.

Please advise.

4. Adriana Antonik October 2, 2019 - 12:18 pm Reply

Hello, I applied for a parking permit weeks ago and still haven’t heard back. When will I have an update? I tried emailing you last week but no one responded to my email. Can you advice please?

5. Rachel Coussens October 4, 2019 - 12:38 pm Reply

Hi I applied for parking permit earlier in the week as my Autism Post Grad Cert starts tomorrow.

I haven’t had confirmation that I’ve got a permit yet. Any advice re: parking at Falmer tomorrow? BHA are playing at home tomorrow.

Many thanks

6. Caroline Kearsey October 8, 2019 - 9:36 am Reply

Hi
    I’ve had a lot of problems with applying for a parking permit, i am waiting on a decision and haven’t heard anything yet!

7. Robin Coleman October 8, 2019 - 9:55 am Reply

Apologies for those waiting for a decision on their parking permits. The team have a backlog to go through and in some case awaiting confirmation where cases raised involve occupational health or approval from managers.