Travel Week events
The University’s annual c-change Travel Week starts Monday 9 October.
A sustainable travel roadshow will be visiting one campus every day from Monday 9 to Friday 13 October. Drop by for information and advice on all things sustainable travel, with free bike maintenance checks and some fantastic freebies! Click here to find out when we’ll be on your campus.
The roadshow will include:
- Love to Ride Unicycle campaign – get cycle freebies and win great prizes by logging your bike rides
- Travel Smart car-share platform – sign up to the University’s new and improved car-share platform
- BTN Bike Share (Brighton campuses only) – find out about Brighton’s new bike hire scheme, and the exclusive University of Brighton discount
- Brighton and Hove City Council transport Team (Brighton campuses only) – get sustainable travel information, safety tips, cycle maintenance training and travel freebies.
- Sussex Community Rail Partnership (Eastbourne and Moulsecoomb only) – find out how you can save money on train travel
- Sustrans (Eastbourne only) – sign up to the free Active Steps 9-week active travel course, supporting staff and students to walk or cycle more
- Living Streets (Eastbourne only) – bag some freebies and take part in their walking campaign activities.
- App Bikes(Eastbourne only) – find out about Eastbourne’s new bike hire scheme, and the University of Brighton discount.
Free bike maintenance
Is your bike in need of a bit of TLC? Outside each of the Travel Week roadshows, free bike maintenance support will be given out to staff and students by local Bike Doctors.
Click here for more information on bike doctor dates, times and locations.
If you’re considering cycling to campus but haven’t cycled much on the roads, Brighton and Hove City Council offer free cycle training courses to help you improve your cycle confidence. They also have a cycle safety advice webpage full of helpful tips, plus links to relevant sections of the Highway Code.
Take a look at this handy poster from the Department for Transport, to help you make sure your bike is safe to ride on the roads too.
Save time and money on travel
They are full of handy hints and tips on travelling cheaply, easily and sustainably at the University of Brighton.