Brighton Student bloggers

Read student blogs about student life and the Brighton university experience

Izabella headshot

Is Marketing Management a good course to study at university? Yes!

I was ready for a career change

After working for five years in a recruitment role, both internal and external, I was ready for a change in my career. As part of my job I was working closely with the marketing team, and this is where I found my love for marketing. I believe my work experience really fast tracked my knowledge in the course.

Be committed to your subject

Make sure you are really interested in marketing as you need to be 100% committed to the course to do well! The lecturers will work with you, support you and mentor you but you must be willing to demonstrate your commitment to the course! It’s the best experience you really won’t regret it!

I felt supported at Brighton

My lecturers Liz and Dan have made my experience at Brighton, they have offered ongoing support and delivered the material in a way which has been easy to understand whilst giving us pointers for employment.

Accredited modules help your career path

I loved the Chartered Institute of Marketing modules – Digital Optimisation and Digital Customer Experience. I have recently been offered and started a role as a marketing specialist for recruitment, and without studying these modules I would not have been successful. As part of the recruitment interview I was asked to prepare and present a digital marketing strategy for the organisation. My strategy included completing a customer journey map, customer persona and a strategy including paid, earned and owned media. I also highly rate the Marketing Strategy module, something I found I was naturally good at and the support the lectures have offered has been amazing! They are always happy to go the extra mile to support and help you reach for gold!

The course prepared me to start my own business

I now have the confidence to start my business selling health products which I plan to do by this time next year. I understand the basic fundamentals and foundations needed to set the business up.

Student looking at their phone

Word from the uni…

Interested in this course? Read the full course description Marketing Management BSc(Hons).

Interested in this subject? Here’s more degrees you can study in marketing, tourism and events.

applicationsindependent livingMarketing Managementmarketing tourism and eventsPreparing for university

Izabella Stechman • 9th May 2022