Franco Manca pizza

Five Instagram accounts that you need to follow!

Brighton. You’ve got to love it. Whether it’s the city’s impressive variety of shops, bars and restaurants or its sweeping seafront, there is bound to be something for everyone. Although I quickly felt right at home when I started my degree at the University of Brighton, it’s not a small area and it can be tricky to find your feet at first. To help you fit right in when you move to the sunny South Coast, I’ve listed my top five Brighton based Instagram handles below.

1. @uniofbrighton

Scenic photo of pier on University of Brighton Instagram feed

This might sound obvious, but keeping an eye out on the University of Brighton’s social media is a great place to start. Not only do they post constant updates involving open days, application tips and student life, but you can regularly find stunning images of the various campuses that show off the beauty of the area.

1. @brighton OR @eastbourne_insta

I don’t know about you, but if I am scrolling through my feed and I see some beautiful photography, it is bound to make me want to go there myself and take a few snaps. Whether your University of Brighton course is based in Eastbourne or Brighton, these are my two favourite accounts that not only give you a taste of the area and its hidden gems, but captures them at their very best.

1. @brightonfoodguide

It’s no secret that as a student it’s important to scrimp and save when you can, however eating out can often eat into your budget. @brightonfoodguide posts some mouth-watering snaps of the vast variety of cuisines available in Brighton, and doesn’t hesitate to mention the latest deals and savings too. Every year more and more cafes and restaurants are introduced in Brighton so keep an eye out for your favourites!

1. @francomancapizza

Franco Manca pizza

Sticking to the topic of food, Franco Manca on Regent Street is one of my top choices of places to eat here in Brighton. Their authentic Italian pizza is served in a sophisticated setting with bargain prices, with great student deals too if you download their app. As I write this they are currently offering any pizza on the menu for £6, so follow their social media accounts to spot any similar bargains.

1. @brightonstudentbible

Starting university can often feel a little daunting, especially if Brighton isn’t near your hometown. Although a little different to my other recommendations, @brightonstudentbible is a great pick for anyone who wants not only some Brighton based content but some hilarious student memes too.

Brighton cityindependent livinginstagramPreparing for universityTop tips

Jenny Bathurst • 11th August 2021