Have you got a question for Student Advice over the summer?
The Student Advisers are here to answer any questions you have about your funding or budgeting.
We can help you in all of the following ways (and more) if you are experiencing financial difficulties:
- We can advise you how to talk to your creditors if you are worried about getting into debt.
- We can help you reapply for your funding for next academic year or answer questions about funding for extensions or repeat years
- We can check your Universal Credit entitlement if you have been reassessed for the summer months.
- Are you under 25? You can use the Youth Advice Centre supermarket at 11 St Georges Place, Brighton, BN1 4GB on Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays between 3pm-5pm.
- Looking for part time work? Check out part time and seasonal opportunities via the Careers Connect vacancy service. Look under the ‘casual/part time’ option.
- We can refer you to local foodbanks if you are struggling to pay for food shopping over the summer months and we also know where to access free and cheap fresh hot meals locally.
- We can issue you single bus tickets to use across the Brighton and Hove network, from Eastbourne to Steyning and many other places in between. These can be issued as single one day passes or in batches.
We may not have immediate solutions to every problem, but we will listen without judgement and support you in every way we can to make your situation better.
The Student Support Fund reopens for continuing students on 12th September 2022
The Student Advice Service is open for business throughout the long vacation. We can talk to you over the phone, on Teams and see you in person at Moulsecoomb, Falmer, City and Eastbourne campuses by appointment. Please email email@example.com or phone 01273 642888.
Student Advice Service