Financial support and budgeting advice
Many undergraduate students will be heading towards the end of term this Friday 8th April and you will probably be aware that the next instalment of Student Finance is not due to be paid until early May.
We know that this is will be a worry for some students, so we want to remind you that the Student Advice Service is here to help. Here are 10 ways in which we can support you now:
- We can check your Student Finance assessment with you – if there have been any changes in the household income since 2019/20 you may be eligible for more funding
- If you are experiencing delays to accessing funding or a reassessment this year, we can liaise with the Income department on your behalf
- Are you receiving Universal Credit or Housing Benefit? We can check your entitlement
- We have bus tickets for Brighton and Hove buses which we can issue to you
- We can help you plan a budget now or for next term
- If you haven’t yet opened a student bank account, please take a look at the student finance actions blog for more information
- Do you think you should be entitled to a University of Brighton bursary? Please contact us
- Are you estranged from your family but you are having problems providing evidence to Student Finance? We can advocate on your behalf and complete a declaration with you
- We can help you with correspondence for your landlord
- You can apply for one of the university hardship funds
If you are applying for the Student Support Fund, please read the guidance and gather the required supporting evidence before you apply. This will make the application process quicker for you and easier for our Funds Assessors. Complete applications take up to 4 weeks to process and award (if successful) but we do try and process applications as quickly as possible.
Please check your uni email for any updates or correspondence.
If you have got any questions for us, please contact 01273 642888 or email Student Advice. We are open for business every weekday including the Easter vacation except Friday 15th and Monday 18th April.
Student Advice Service