Support and advice for carers #CarersWeek
Student Advice is supporting Carers Week 2017
We would like to encourage any student carers out there to come and talk to a Student Adviser about their financial situation.
What we can offer:
- student funding checks – are you getting everything you’re entitled to?
- DWP Benefit advice – does someone in your household receive benefits? We can help with questions you/they may have
- additional funding – where to look for extra funding and how to make a sound application
- University hardship funds – we can fast track applications for our student carers
- Summer Hardship Fund – specifically targets student carers who are looking after a partner/sibling/parent/other family member over the summer.
- Finance ‘wealth check’ – help with budgeting, student bank account comparisons etc
Let us take the strain and help shoulder the burden of any financial worries or concerns, just give us a ring on 01273 642888 to make an appointment at your campus. We are open throughout the long summer vacation.
For more information on support for carers and Carers Week in general, have a look at this link: Carers Week information
Student Advice Service