Student Advice Service – Money Matters

News from the Student Advice Service at the University of Brighton


Important message for NHS funded students with childcare


Are you getting a Childcare Grant within your NHS bursary package?
You should have been keeping all of your receipts for the relevant periods and you will probably be contacted by email to the address you have given in BOSS around 24th November. You must complete a ‘Childcare Allowance application form (V7) 08/2014’ and submit all of your receipts by 30th December.

The periods they will be asking for are:

1 September to 30 November 2014
1 December 2014 to 28 February 2015
1 March to 31 May 2015
1 June to 31 August 2015

If you don’t send the correct receipts your childcare payments will be suspended.

Student Advice Service

childcareNHSstudent bursaries

Helen Abrahams • November 21, 2014

Previous Post

Next Post


  1. Helen Abrahams November 21, 2014 - 4:59 pm Reply

    Please note that the ‘Childcare Allowance’ form is the first form you send. This is what you have to complete to set up childcare payments. As long as you have submitted this, you will then be sent a different form to complete and submit along with all of your receipts.

    Student Advice Service

  2. Student Services November 25, 2014 - 8:50 am Reply

    A Childcare reconciliation form needs to be completed and posted along with all childcare receipts for the relevant period. The form is now available to download from:

    More information about the childcare reconciliation process can be found through Ask Us: or the FAQs:

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published / Required fields are marked *

Skip to toolbar