Graduates 2023: Ella Forbes, Interior Architecture BA(Hons)

I’ve always been very interested in designing homes, and knew for a while that I wanted to be creating spaces for people in which they can feel happy/comfortable in. 

Please tell us a bit about your work and your influences

These images are from two different projects which I completed in my final year. One of them was based in Lewes, we had to design a temporary structure, which had to relate to the history of Lewes. I chose to design ‘a Wool house’ as wool was Lewes’ main source of income during The Middle Ages, and it was also transported down the River Ouse to other places. The other project was called ‘Film and Architecture’ which we had to design a house based off characters in a film. I picked the Marriage Story which is a film about a couple going through a divorce and the struggles they face. 

How have you found your course and time at Brighton?

I’ve really enjoyed my time at Brighton Uni, especially final year as I feel I’ve progressed so much since first year. Brighton has also been a really nice place to study as it’s always a bonus being next to the beach! 

How did you choose your course – why did you choose to study Interior Architecture?

I chose to study Interior Architecture as I’ve always been very interested in designing homes, and knew for a while that I wanted to be creating spaces for people in which they can feel happy/comfortable in. 

What are your plans after graduation?

After graduation I’m hoping to start working in Interior Architecture hopefully in London for residential properties, or I’m hoping to go travelling! 

Published by